(only via WHS stote)
The WL Vola Open strategy designed by trader Wim Lievens is based on two observations:
- Market volatility is high when the market opens.
- The market price tends to make a significant move after the market open.
Although the strategy can be used for market indices, the focus is really on trading volatile stocks which have small spreads.
This strategy pack contains:
- The WL Vola Open trading strategy.
- The WL Bars.
- The WL Triade stop loss.
- Ready to use set-up for most volatile stocks!
- Ready to use set-up for the 4 market indices.
- One hour online coaching by Wim Lievens.
- Two hours video teaching in English, French, German or Dutch.
The strategy in detail
When to open a position
- The strategy determines an opening range. To determine the opening range the proprietary WL Range Bars. The WL Range Bars combine the advantages of Heikin Ashi candles, traditional range bars and renko bars.
- The strategy uses the first four WL Range Bars after 9h00 to determine the opening range for European indices and stocks, and the first four WL Range Bars after 15h20 to determine the opening range for US indices and stocks.
- On top of the opening range, the strategy immediately calculates two additional trading ranges. These ranges are used as profit targets.
- A vertical green line in the chart background appears if a WL Range Bar closes above the opening range. This is a buy signal. A position is bought at the market price when the next WL Range Bar appears.
- A vertical red line in the chart background appears if a WL Range Bar closes below the opening range. This is a short sell signal. A position is sold short at the market price when the next WL Range Bar appears.
When to close a position
- The WL Vola Open strategy has two profit targets and one stop.
- The platform will automatically place the two target orders at the correct price level. The platform automatically splits the position into 1/3 to be sold at the first profit target and 2/3 to be sold at the second profit target. When trading market indices, the trader must therefore buy at least 3 CFDs or 3 futures.
- The stop used by the WL Vola Open strategy is the proprietary WL Triaden stop. This unique stop is also automatically placed and managed by the platform. The stop level is initially at the bottom (top) of the opening range.
- The WL Vola Open strategy also contains an entry and an exit filter. The filters block new trading signals from 17h00 (European markets) or 21h20 (U.S. markets) onwards. The filters also close any remaining open positions at 17h15 or 21h45.
For more information do not hesitate to contact me.